Upon discovering your partner’s serial infidelity many partners experience acute stress, anxiety and PTSD related symptoms. These symptoms often show up as:
- Frequent mood changes, extreme emotional reactions, constant weeping alternating with rage
- Hypervigiliant behaviors such as checking phone records, credit cards, computers, bills, text messages etc. They often say, “I have become an amazing detective”
- Depression, low self-esteem, anxiety, insomnia, nightmares
- Vindictive (spending large amounts of money, openly dating)
- Overcompensating by losing weight, dressing provocatively
- Escaping into drugs, alcohol or food
As a Certified Partner Trauma Therapist, I can help you work and heal from the trauma, and help you express your emotions regarding the betrayal. I can help you determine your needs, future goals for the relationship, whether you choose to maintain or end it. Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.
The factors that influence the recovery process include communication skills, tolerance for conflict, recognizing unhealthy patterns, capacity for honesty, understanding of your circumstances, and attachment style. With the help of someone like myself that has the right expertise, you can recover from this. Let me help you.
Feelings are much like waves,~Jonatan Mårtensson~
We can’t stop them from coming,
But we can chose which ones to surf